Exercising is one of the most important and necessary activities for every person. However, the way the world works, it can be very tough to find time to get in a full workout thanks to other responsibilities. But what if there were multiple exercises that could give a full workout in an hour or less? Well, we're here with 5 treadmill workouts that you can knock out in an hour or less.
1. 20 minutes (Choose your speed)
- Warm up: 3 minutes at 2% incline and 2 minutes at 1% incline
- Workout (x2): 1 minute at 4% incline, 1 minute at 6% incline, 1 minute at 8% incline, 1 minute at 10% incline and 1 minute at 12% incline
- Coold own: 3 minutes at 2% incline and then 1 minute at 1% and 0% incline
2. 30 minutes
- Warm up: slower pace at 1% incline, 1 minute walk, 1 minute side shuffle (2x), 1 minute backwards walk
- Workout: 10 minutes at 3% incline, 6 minutes at 7% incline, 4 minutes at 11% incline, 2 minutes at 14% incline, 3 minutes at 3% incline
- Cool down: 5 minute walk at 1%
3. Sprints and Hills
- Warm up: 5 minutes of walking and light jogging
- Workout (x4): 2 minute sprint, 2 minute recovery, 2 minute climb (10%+ incline), 2 minute recovery
- Workout (x1): 1.5 minute sprint and 1.5 minute climb
- Cool down: 5 minutes of walk/light jogging
4. 60 minute Walk/Jog
- Warm up: 5 minutes of 3.5 speed
- Workout: 5 minutes of 4.0 speed, 5 minutes of 4.3 speed, 5 minutes of 4.6 speed and so on and so forth until you reach 6.7 speed.
- Cool down: 5 minutes at 3.5 speed
4. 60 minutes of Cardio
- Warmup: 10 minutes of walking and 10 minutes of jogging
- Workout (x2): 5 minutes of walking, 5 minutes of jogging, 5 minutes of running
- Cool down: 10 minutes of walking followed up with stretching
Running is one of the best workouts for the body because it gets the muscles moving, blood pumping and your lungs working. If you have access to a treadmill, make sure to try out these workouts throughout the year. You'll see a difference in no time.
If you're in need of new workout equipment to help jump-start your workout, contact American Home Fitness today.